Being a parent isn't easy. When you combine working and parenting, it's downright difficult. After working a full day, you have to come home, cook, clean and spend quality time with the kids, all while hoping to get some sleep that night.

My blog will provide encouragement, information, and hopefully a few laughs to support working parents (myself included). Sign up with your email address if you'd like to get that encouragement and information directly in your inbox!

**This blog is very new so check back often (or subscribe by email) as I add more information.

Thursday, December 26, 2013

The 'baby illusion'

My younger son is 4 months old today. I remember when I first saw our older son after the baby was born. He looked huge! I attributed it to the fact that the baby made him look big but there is some research that suggests there is more to it.

In this Today Mom article, they reference a study from the journal Current Biology. Based on their findings, it seems that moms are actually estimating their youngest (or only) child to be smaller than he/she really is. Estimates of older children are more accurate.

I thought this was very interesting. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment