Being a parent isn't easy. When you combine working and parenting, it's downright difficult. After working a full day, you have to come home, cook, clean and spend quality time with the kids, all while hoping to get some sleep that night.

My blog will provide encouragement, information, and hopefully a few laughs to support working parents (myself included). Sign up with your email address if you'd like to get that encouragement and information directly in your inbox!

**This blog is very new so check back often (or subscribe by email) as I add more information.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Sick time

The dreaded stomach flu is ravaging our child care center. Children and staff are out sick in huge numbers. 

I would love to keep my kids home with me until it passes but I do not have a lot of time off left after being on maternity leave. At this point, they've already been exposed so all I can do is wait snd hope they can avoid getting sick. 

It's so difficult to be in this situation. Every time my phone rings during the day I panic, worried it's the dreaded, "come get your kid because he just puked" call. 

I know that they'll be sick a lot less when they reach elementary school because they're exposed to it now, but it's still frustrating. It leaves me feeling terribly guilty to drop them off each day, knowing that many of the people around them have been sick. 

I guess we'll just have to keep washing our hands and sanitizing everything. 

I'm sure this won't be the last such instance of illness going through the school, I just hope I have more sick time saved before the next one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment