Being a parent isn't easy. When you combine working and parenting, it's downright difficult. After working a full day, you have to come home, cook, clean and spend quality time with the kids, all while hoping to get some sleep that night.

My blog will provide encouragement, information, and hopefully a few laughs to support working parents (myself included). Sign up with your email address if you'd like to get that encouragement and information directly in your inbox!

**This blog is very new so check back often (or subscribe by email) as I add more information.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

In the kitchen with kids



 

I love cooking with children. It's always an adventure. They are learning so much but they don't even realize it. It's also a great way to multitask by spending time with your children while making dinner.

I have compiled all of my recipes into a binder with plastic protector pages. I have one for each of my sons. As they grow, I will add pictures of them cooking. I know they won't know the value of the cookbook until they're adults, but I am confident it will be a great gift some day.

Below is a chart with some of the things children are learning in the process, along with ways to encourage more opportunities for growth.




















Even if you're not a great cook, you can have fun with your children in the kitchen. Your child will enjoy the one-on-one time and will treasure the memories forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment